Whether you are an adult or a teenager, suffering from acne is never comfortable and you will undoubtedly wish to remove it as quickly as possible. You may or may not have done research into the causes of acne, so this article will aim to provide that information as well as suggest some methods through which you can get rid of acne and hopefully, get rid of it for good.
To Get Rid of Acne, Find Out Its Causes First…
Although the actual cause of acne has yet to be discovered, there are some factors that have been determined to contribute in some way to the development of acne or to exacerbate the symptoms. Knowing what these factors are will aid you in the fight to get rid of your acne permanently.
- Hormonal imbalances
- Hyperactive sebaceous glands
- Perspiration or sweat
- Chemical irritants such as detergents
- Malnutrition (while this does not cause breakouts, it reduces the body’s ability to fight off infection)
- Certain medicines
Acne outbreaks are usually caused by the accumulation of sebum and old skin cells in clogged pores. The pores then get irritated and become infected, thus causing outbreaks. Inflamed pores will also produce pus, which leads to further inflammation and clogs. Acne can manifest as blackheads, pustules, whiteheads, cysts, and nodules. Armed with the knowledge of what causes acne, you can now proceed to learn about how to get rid of acne.
Steps to Get Rid Of Acne
For some people, acne treatment is simply a matter of developing certain habits and applying good anti-acne gels or creams to their skin. For others with particularly severe acne, they usually have to seek the help of their dermatologist or doctor. Before you make that appointment with your dermatologist, however, you should give the suggestions below a try (bearing in mind that any form of acne treatment will take at least four to six weeks to produce any visible change):
- Using soap formulated specially for acne sufferers, gently clean the affected portions of skin twice each day.
- If you suffer from facial acne and use makeup, ensure that your makeup is non-comedogenic.
- Adolescents and women nearing perimenopause often experience hormonal swings and should consult their doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- You should wear clothing that is well ventilated and does not fit too tightly.
- Take a shower after any physical activity that causes you to perspire, and then change into clean and dry clothing.
- If you suffer from body acne, you should only wash your clothes with a mild detergent that does not contain additives or fragrances.
- If stress is the likely cause of your acne, then you should make an effort to remove the sources of your stress, and to take more time to relax.
- Maintain a healthy diet and keep yourself well hydrated. This allows your body to function at an optimal level, keeping you healthy and better able to fight off acne.
- If you suffer from severe acne, consult your doctor or dermatologist, and he or she will be able to suggest several treatment options to help you control your acne.
Acne should not become just another part of your daily life, as it can be treated and cured. In fact, with the proper precautions, you can definitely get rid of acne. Follow the steps listed in this article or consult your doctor for help in order to get rid of your acne.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get rid of acne
- how to get rid of pimples
- how to quickly get rid of acne
- how to get rid of acne pdf
- precautions to get rid of acene
- how to remove pimples
- how to remove incoming pimples
- acne pdf
- how to get rid of incoming pimples
- how to get rid of incoming pimple
No related posts.